2022-24 Strategic Plan
We are so excited to share our new strategic plan for 2022-24. It builds on the success of our 2017-21 Strategic Plan, which detailed five goals and related objectives. The overwhelming majority of these goals were met or exceeded over that five-year period.
Crafted by the board, staff and stakeholders in the Leviticus Fund, as well as members of the broader community, and guided by the firm Consulting for Change, the plan sets the course for the next three years with five overarching goals.
1. Impacts: Improve the quality of life for low-income people and communities, with a special emphasis on the most vulnerable people in our geographic footprint.
2. Racial and Ethnic Justice: Foster racial justice, stability, and economic opportunity for BIPOC individuals, families, for-profit developers, and small-to-medium sized nonprofit developers, all to overcome systemic barriers to equal treatment and to provide access to capital, technical assistance, essential services, and safe, decent affordable housing.
3. Lending: Continue to expand lending volume, explore new products and product features, and increase lending efficiencies.
4. Organizational Development: Grow the internal capacity of the Leviticus Fund so that its Board, management, staff, systems, policies, and overall organizational capacity are commensurate with plan goals and objectives.
5. Financial Strength: Leviticus will grow its financial size so it can achieve the companion goals of our strategic plan.
On January 24, 2022 the Leviticus Fund’s Board of Directors approved a new mission statement for the organization:
The Leviticus 25:23 Alternative Fund is rooted in faith and the call for economic justice. The Fund provides flexible capital, expertise, and advocacy to propel the growth of more equitable communities. Leviticus creates opportunities for vulnerable, low-income people – especially those harmed by systemic racial and ethnic discrimination – to thrive and live with dignity.
We are confident that remarkable things lie ahead. As we plan for the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Leviticus Fund in 2023, we have made ambitious and forward-looking commitments to improve the quality of life for low-income people and communities, to expand racial and economic opportunities, and to increase our lending volume and efficiency.
The most frequently used words in Leviticus’ 2022-24 Strategic Plan (after Leviticus) are Loan, Develop, New, Lend, Housing, and Community. These words will inspire our direction and decision-making as we pursue our strategy for the next three years. We look forward to working with you to continue our mission of supporting housing and community development that provides stability and greater opportunity for low-income communities and people.